• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Do you like what Call of Duty has become?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittski

Recruit
CoD gets hate, and complaints because it has no definition of a game. Every year they are throwing something different, or adding more then they need to be a shooter. You can even consider, which to me is really true. The game is not a shooter. It is a RPG fan base. Majority don't play the game like a shooter. They play to level up, and unlock stuff, which is the majority there is no competition. This is where it gets mixed up in headlines. People will jump the MLG card. MLG is a very I mean extremely small group of people in the world that compete, and a lot of that small group are just good enough to where they do it for the money.

As for PC people always complaining about not get PC support. They are 100% right in doing so. Activision claims a 2 year development cycle, which is equivalent to a year from their game release to when they actually start. CoD started as a answer to MoH series that they created. It had at the time nothing to do with Battlefield. CoD2 had a huge fan base, and still was going well into middle of CoD4. CoD 3 was rushed into the 360 market when the 360 arrived had 0 support, and no PC release at all, was a overall terrible game that is not even acknowledged into the CoD series. CoD 4 was a hit because it was when everyone was talking about how tired of WW2 games, which just increased the hype. The game was good, it also had a PC priority, and included everything that was included in CoD2. That was on a 2 year cycle. But what about now? We go 6 games in, and none of those 6 games have 0 PC support. Yet, CoD 4 was made on a 2 year development cycle and had everything. PC players have every right to complain every year, something that was done, and easily done in years prior to "matchmaking" is no excuse to the fan base. They would have much bigger sales if they included those things.

Game critiques on the other hand are nothing more of a bunch of tools. Most of them are just writing majors, and they are not even gamers. They play a dev copy and just the graphics and weapons and what is hinted at them to focus on. They agree, or disagree with the game based on their feelings for the game what companies hint at. That is just that, their feelings. "Writers feelings on a video game." That sentence alone leads down a dark path people don't want to go down. Critiques mean nothing, even ones that are advertised by a game company. You can use Destiny as a prime example. One of their trailers before release, started with "The Escapist" review a one line positive review. I so happen to browse that site often. Which if you look the review was not positive at all. You even go to Zero Punctuation which is the comedy written review on The Escapist site. Absolutely trashes the game. Which I agree with their views on their reviews after playing the game myself for a month. as off note.

The point CoD is Madden, and people are going to complain. Majority of the complaints are valid. The simple fact that would shut majority complaints down is if they did a proper development, and not a yearly cycle of games using same assets and lying about a engine that is 9 years old. You make a game on at a minimum 3 year cycle. You can have a polished, complete game as long as you don't continue to throw unnecessary stuff into it.

MadiesLAN

Recruit
You make some really great points.

But we'll just have to agree to disagree about "right in doing so" in terms of complaining, I think people want many things, but don't necessarily need them. None of these players are entitled to anything. I know they love to think they are...but it's just not true.' If they don't like it, they shouldn't purchase the game. If that happens often enough, change will happen. On the other hand, I'm sure there are valid reasons for them putting off PC requirements. Only they can know for sure. Kids can complain but that's what kids do. They tend to throw tantrums when they're not given instant gratification. They label these people as liars or of having shitty work ethic or of hiding things... huge accusations about things that aren't that deep. It's a game we all enjoy playing...but it's also business. And money to be made. A great deal of money to be made. While in the midst of complaining, kids tend to forget that. This will be evident when you see so SO many of these kids who complained about PC requirements purchasing the game and playing it. :)

There are thousands upon thousands of artists and coders and programmers and writers and performers working together here on a massive scale. I'm sure they've all been working their asses off to make this amazingly intricate game.

What they've shown me thus far has made me want to buy the game. That's what'll get me to line up at midnight.

All this other stuff is just noise.

GenevB

Recruit
Personally, I'm not bothered at all about "call of duty evolution". They just adapted to the requirements. The keep on changing based on what us, player, wants to play. First CODs were nice, but I liked when they started to "modernize" the game. I think it adds the game a plus of nowadays realism, as we expect all kinds of weapons in the future. After all, how long would you expect them to go on making series about weapons and wars that took place in the past century?

jbepp

Recruit
I really like the new direction they're taking with AW. After CoD 4 , all the games started to get stale and you could see that for the most part they didn't bother much adding more stuff, and it felt more like a re-skin of previous games.
AW may seem like they're trying to regain some of the fanbase that went to games like Titanfall and Halo, but I feel like they're just trying to take CoD to the next level.

bourge_21

Recruit
I think the trend is getting more ballistic, rather than fancy. Modifications are so much for enlivening play mechanics so it is not upsetting. We'll learn how to love every upgrades as we enjoy CoD. :)

moaz13

Recruit
CoD Advanced Warfare is only interesting because it's not some crappy boring real life scenario. This is better for everyone.

bourge_21

Recruit
The main appeal of cod to me is that it is quick and easy to jump in to with no messing about. It's fast paced, pretty fun and absorbing.

There has been a bit of a hate bandwagon against CoD on these forums recently, not sure if it's a hipster thing, but there is no denying that it's a fun, easily accessible franchise, and ultimately it's why the series is so damn popular.

Christianc

Recruit
The great thing about COD is that it brings the hardcore and casual gamer together. Its one of those few games that you could literally grab anybody off the street and teach them to play in less than an hour. With the rise of online multiplayer people generally don't play each other face to face anymore with the exception of COD. Even some parties I've been to have a COD tournament going on because its a great icebreaker.

DaniMiranda

Recruit
Just about all war games use conventional weapons. The fact that Advanced Warfare is implementing more technological advances is what the future is all about. COD is taking a realistic approach to the future with this game. Although it is futuristic, it is a realistic future that we may just one day be facing.

js85

Recruit
I don't think that it's "become" anything different. They've always changed periodically (MW to BO to Ghosts) and they're just evolving with the market. I think there's a time and place for all of the different CoD games, and I still have MW2, MW3, BO2, Ghosts, and now AW in my frequent rotations.

FPSKing

Recruit
Im all for change the same thing over and over gain gets pretty stale. If only they would implement some sort of changes/fixes to the multi-player to go along with the changes in the Main story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements